Ph.D. Student (September 2017 – Present)
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, September 2019 – Present
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, September 2016 – July 2019 (transferred to TAMU)
M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, 2016
B.S., Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2011
Md. Ashrafuzzaman Khan was born in Dinajpur, a northern district of Bangladesh. After the completion of his bachelor’s studies in Civil Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh in 2011, he started working with a reputed consulting firm. He also served as a Lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering in the Stamford University Bangladesh till August 2014, before coming to United States to pursue a master’s degree in Civil (Geotechnical Engineering) at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA). After graduation, he continued his higher studies in the same institution for the doctoral program and transferred to Texas A&M University in 2019.
Graduate Research Assistant, University of Texas at Arlington
GI-GSO, Texas A&M University, 2019
GI-GSO, University of Texas at Arlington, 2015
American Society of Civil Engineers, 2015
Engineering Institute of Bangladesh, 2011
- Khan MA, Nripojoyti B, Banerjee A, Puppala AJ. Performance of Geocell-Reinforced Recycled Asphalt Pavement (RAP) Bases in Flexible Pavements Built on Expansive Soils. Geo-Congress 2020: Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Special Topics, Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers, 2020 Feb 21:(488-497).
- Khan MA, Biswas N, Banerjee A, Puppala AJ. Field Performance of Geocell Reinforced Recycled Asphalt Pavement Base Layer. Transportation Research Record, 2020. doi: 0.1177/0361198120908861
- Zhang R, Ren T, Khan MA, Teng Y, Zheng J. Back-Calculation of Soil Modulus from PFWD Based on a Viscoelastic Model. Advances in Civil Engineering, 2019.
- Khan MA, Hossain MS, Khan MS, Samir S, Aramoon A. Impact of wet-dry cycles on the shear strength of high plastic clay based on direct shear testing. Geotechnical Frontiers, 2017(615-622).
- Khan MS, Hossain MS, Khan MA, Faysal M. Performance of Recycled Plastic Pin (RPP) for Slope Stabilization. InInternational Congress and Exhibition” Sustainable Civil Infrastructures: Innovative Infrastructure Geotechnology”, Springer, Cham, 2017(7):136-148.
- Khan MA. Impact of Wet-dry Cycle on Mechanical Properties of Expansive Clay Under Low Overburden Stress. MS Thesis, 2016, the University of Texas at Arlington
- Asad MA, Ahmeduzzaman M, Kar S, Khan MA, Rahman MN, Islam S. Flood frequency Modeling using Gumbel’s and Powell’s method for Dudhkumar river. Journal of Water Resources and Ocean Science. 2013;2(2):25-28.
- Khan MA, Ahmed FS. Effect of web reinforcement on ultimate strength of reinforced concrete deep beam. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 2013; 3(3):516-519.
- Ahmed FS, Khan MA. Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Column Under Lateral Load. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 2013; 3(4):228-231.
Awards & Honors
2nd Place, 10th National GeoPrediction Competition, ASCE, 2019
2nd Place, 9th National GeoPrediction Competition, ASCE, 2018
2nd Place, 8th National GeoPrediction Competition, ASCE, 2017
Outstanding Graduate Student Award, University of Texas at Arlington, 2016