Ph.D Student (January 2020 – Present)
Ph.D, Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 2017 – Present
M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University, August 2015
B.S., Civil and Environmental System Engineering, Konkuk University, August 2009
Jungyeon Jang was born in Dongducheon in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. He received a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from Konkuk University (Seoul, South Korea) in August 2009. For three years, he worked as a water resource engineer at Donghae Engineering (Seoul, South Korea). He received a Master degree in Civil Engineering from Louisiana State University in August 2015. In June 2017, he started research towards this doctoral dissertation at Texas A&M University. In January 2020, he joined Dr. Anand Puppala’s research group.
American Society of Civil Engineers
Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association
- Jang, J. (2020). A review of the application of biopolymers on geotechnical engineering and the strengthening mechanisms between typical biopolymers and soils. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering 2020, 16 pages.
- Bigdeli, Y., Barbato, M., Gutierrez-Wing, M.T., Lofton, C.D., Barbato, M., Rusch, K. A., Jung, J., & Jang, J. (2018). Development of new pH-adjusted fluorogypsum-cement-fly ash blends: Preliminary investigation of strength and durability properties. Construction and Building Materials 182, pp. 646-656.
- Lofton, C.D., Barbato, M., Bigdeli, Y., Jung, J., Jang, J., Rusch, K., & Gutierrez-Wing, M.T. (2018). Estimating sulfate effective diffusion coefficients of stabilized Fluorogypsum for aquatic applications. Journal of Environmental Engineering 144(9).
- Jang, J., Lee, J., & Jung J. (2017). Application of Agar for soil remediation. Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation 17(6) (In Korean).
- Jang, J., Jung J. (2017). Evaluation of wave attenuation over a submerged reef in wave tank. Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation 17(6) (In Korean).
- Jang, J., Jung J. (2017). Effect of the combination of fluorogypsum and lime for strength of kaolinite. Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation 17(6) (In Korean).
- Jung, J., Jang, J., & Ahn, J. (2016). Characterization of a polyacrylamide solution used
for remediation of petroleum contaminated soils. Materials 9(1), 16.
- Jung, J. & Jang, J. (2016). Soil-water characteristic curve of sediments containing a polyacrylamide solution. Geotechnique letters 6(1), pp. 1-6.
- Jang, J. and Cha, M. (2018). Freezing of saturated clay under different thermal gradients, 2018 Texas A&M conference on Energy, College station, TX, USA, September 24, 2018, Poster.
- Jang, J., Lu, Y., and Cha, M. (2017). Laboratory studies on thermal fracturing behavior in well stimulation of enhanced geothermal systems, 2017 Texas A&M conference on Energy, College station, TX, USA, September 27, 2017, Oral.
- Jang, J., Jung, J. (2017). Application of polyacrylamide solution for soil remediation. UKC2017, Washington D.C., USA, August 2017, Poster.
- Jang, J., Jung, J. (2016). The remediation of oil-contaminated soils using polyacrylamide solution. UKC2016, Dallas, TX, USA, August 2016, Poster.