Ph.D. Student (January 2019 – Present)
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, August 2019 – Present
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, January 2019 – July 2019 (first semester)
M.Tech., Geotechnical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2018
B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Giani Zail Singh PTU Campus Bathinda, 2015
Prince is a doctoral student at the Zachry Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Texas A&M University. Prince worked as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at National Geotechnical Centrifuge Facility, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, Mumbai, India under the supervision of Prof. B.V.S Viswanadham and completed his master’s thesis under the guidance of Prof. Dasaka S. Murty. Prince holds a M.Tech (Master of Technology) and a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in Civil Engineering from IIT Bombay and Punjab Technical University Jalandhar, India, respectively. His research interests include resilient modulus of stabilized soil, engineering behavior of unsaturated soil, rock/soil slope stability, numerical modeling, and pile foundation.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at IIT Bombay
Student member, American Society of Civil Engineers
Student member, Deep Foundation Institute
Member, Golden Key International Honour Society
- Zhang, R., Wu, M., Kumar, P., & Gao, Q. F. (2020). Influence of Loosely Bound Water on Compressibility of Compacted Fine-Grained Soils. Advances in Civil Engineering,
- Banerjee, A., Puppala, A. J., Kumar, P., & Hoyos, L. R. (2020). Stress-Dilatancy of Unsaturated Soil. In Geo-Congress 2020: Geo-Systems, Sustainability, Geoenvironmental Engineering, and Unsaturated Soil Mechanics. Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Congress, S. S. C., Kumar, P., Patil, U. D., Bheemasetti, T. V., & Puppala, A. J. (2020). Three-Dimensional Stability Analysis of Rock Slope Using Aerial Photogrammetry Data. In Geo-Congress 2020: Geo-Systems, Sustainability, Geoenvironmental Engineering, and Unsaturated Soil Mechanics. Reston, VA: American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Kumar, P. and Dasaka, S.M. (2018). Negative Skin Friction on a Pile – Effect of Drainage Conditions. Proceedings of DFI-India 2018: 8th Conference on Deep Foundation Technologies for Infrastructure Development in India, (DFI) (article #3177).
- Presented a research paper in Geo-Congress 2020 held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A
- Presented a research paper in DFI-India 2018: 8th Conference on Deep Foundation Technologies for Infrastructure Development in India held at IIT Gandhinagar, India
Awards & Honors
Represented India (Team of 5 students) in MICE Destination Marketing Contest 2017 held in Taipei, Taiwan
Secured a rank in the top 10 performers of the Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar in B.Tech (Civil)
Won 1st prize in Technical quiz in SANRACHNA 2015