The Constant Rate of Strain system Cell (CRS) is a one-dimensional consolidation test setup using strain-controlled loading, conforming to ASTM D4186-12. The system uses a load frame to apply vertical load to the 70 mm diameter and 25 mm height sample in the CRS cell. It is capable of applying back pressure and measuring pore pressure in the sample. The Clisp Studio (CsCRS) Software enables the performance of user-defined Saturation cycles (ramp and check) and Consolidation cycles (Loading, Holding, and Unloading phases).
- Perform consolidation test with constant rate of strain method.
- Obtain compression, recompression behavior of intact and remolded soil sample.
- Obtain coefficients of consolidation for intact and remolded soil sample.
- Complete a consolidation test in a significantly shorter time than that using regular oedometers.
- Maximum Frame Capacity: 15kN
- Load cell: 25 kN
- Automatic Pressure controller: 1000kPa
- LSCT Displacement Transducer: 25 mm X 0.001 mm
- Pressure Transducer: 1000 kPa
- Void Ratio
- Coefficient of Consolidation
- Pore Pressure Ratio
- Hydraulic Conductivity
- Coefficient of Compressibility
- Compression Index
- Obtain field consolidation and long-term settlement parameters for in-situ or placed soil.
- Design of geotechnical structures including dams, foundations, and pavements.